Steadfast in the Catholic Faith
Committed to High Academic Standards
A Vibrant Campus Community
…in the Heart of Nashville, Tennessee.
Aquinas College is a four-year, private liberal arts Catholic college located in vibrant Nashville, Tennessee. Through outstanding academic programs in nursing, business, education, and arts & sciences, we cultivate a community of students who encourage one another to grow academically and spiritually.
The Mission of Aquinas College is unchanging because Truth itself is unchanging. Taking inspiration from St. Dominic and St. Thomas Aquinas, the College exists to serve the Church by transforming lives for the Gospel of Christ.
Aquinas College is a Catholic community of learning in the Dominican Tradition with Christ at its center. The College directs all its efforts to the intellectual, moral, spiritual and professional formation of the human person in wisdom. Students are formed individually and in Christian community so that the harmonious integration between faith and reason can permeate every dimension of their lives. Immersed in exploring the relationship between human civilization and the message of salvation, the College community embraces the Dominican imperative to preach the Gospel, serve others and engage culture in truth and charity.
Derived from the Catholic and Dominican moral and intellectual tradition, our core principles are:
- The dignity, freedom and flourishing of every human person as made in God’s image
- The complementarity of faith and reason as the basis for academic community
- The prudent stewardship of God’s individual and communal gifts
Guiding Principles and Documents
- Four Pillars of Dominican Life: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching/Service
- Ex Corde Ecclesiae
- “A Dominican Philosophy of Education”, Fr. Philip A. Smith, O.P. (anthologized in Behold the Heritage [Angelico Press, 2012])